Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This lets you plant a Gatling auto-turret which will detect and fire at any enemies. You cannot purchase this Ability without first purchasing Light Turret and Medium Turret.
- Due to it having the greatest damage of all deployable turrets, this turret is the best option for deployment in an exposed position.
- Unlike the Gotlung, i.e. the only other gattling-style weapon in the game, the Gattling Turret does NOT have a spin-up delay.
- Like all turrets though, it still benefits from ambush tactics. Particularly in locations that can't be seen until enemies are busy interacting with objectives (i.e. Command Posts).
- Further, it also benefits greatly from collaborating Landmine placement to cover its blind spots.
- Turrets can also function as alarms by placing them where enemies will have to destroy them before passing, a feature that can leave an enemy between a rock and a hard place. They can either attempt to destroy the turret, thereby alerting the deployer and giving them a chance to ready up allies, or avoid it entirely and be forced to enter a bigger engagement zone.
- Upgraded turrets are no different from lower-grade turrets in the fact that they have both a maximum and minimum engagement range. That is, turrets will often fail to detect an enemy until they enter a "sweet spot". Thus, turret placement is an important variable; a turret that is too close can be destroyed too easily by constant fire or explosives, while a turret that is too far will not do anything.